Breaking out the colour



I really love working with natural coloured linen and it is such a great background for those Liberty prints, but this year I noticed that the rather super Ray-Stitch had some good quality, heavier weight, coloured linens. I spent a long time deliberating but in the end I decided to be brave and order.



The deep grey linen arrived it had a lovely handle and I knew that the weight was perfect for phone cases and that sort of thing, but I was anxious.




I always use ecru.




What if my customers did not like grey? What if none of my Liberty prints worked with this grey?




I made a few and took them to Woodbridge on Saturday. Hurrah, they sold beautifully.



Dark, elephant grey linen and Liberty Tana Lawn, in the Handmade at Poshyarns shop now.


Comments

kristina said…
Oh the grey is gorgeous! But you already know how I feel about grey...

K x
Catherine said…
Truly lovely! The grey works beautifully! Cx
Anonymous said…
The grey is lovely! Every time I make a batch of handbag tissue holders, I say I am never making any ever again ......but I always do!!
Lorraine said…
I love the grey & it looks so good with the Liberty !
2 of my favourite things together :)
Dotty said…
The grey works perfectly with those gorgeous prints
mooncalf said…
Oh I love grey. And your items look beautiful.

Long live grey! May it always be the new black!
I think the grey linen is beautiful, hurrah for trying something different, it's worked really well. I've just been cooing over the effect of the trim on the garments you showed in your last post. it's just exquisite. Love Vanessa xxx

Popular Posts