Little things




Some weekends are big, full of friends and laughter, food and wine, outings and plans. Other weekends are very much smaller, but still so very good in their own way.



This weekend was a small one. The children are exhausted with their back to school routine, already there is the feeling that half-term cannot come quick enough for this household but we had a quiet, re-charging sort of weekend.



Lazy weekend breakfasts finish up with coffee and the weekend papers.



Card games played and new tricks learned.



Autumn puddings baked and eaten. A fire lit and enjoyed whilst watching the rather wonderful Downton Abbey and dreaming of weekends gone by.




Comments

mary said…
It's like a very superior Upstairs, Downstairs, isn't it?
I love our big and small weekends too :) Take care.
Cornflower said…
That's my sort of weekend (except here in Scotland we are being deprived of Downton Abbey as STV thinks its viewers want a repeat of Billy Connolly instead!!)
Ali said…
Goodness, we could do with a small weekend round here, but it wasn't one and next weekend also looks crazy. At least I have Downton Abbey recorded to look forward to.
dottycookie said…
I'm really annoyed with myself for missing Downton Abbey. Will have to see if there's an online catchup or something!
Cybèle said…
I have, hopefully, one of those weekends coming up. Just another 4 days of this week to get through first! Love your mug by the way.
Unknown said…
oh yes, same here. boys are exhausted too...

hurray for small weekends (even if I don't have one in sight yet...)
Helen Philipps said…
Lovely post - all the ingredients of a cosy family weekend. I enjoyed Downton Abbey and some knitting beside the fire -perfect for a chilly autumn night.
Helen x
Jane said…
I wish my family would learn to slow down. We are always on the go during the weekend. Drives me nuts!
kristina said…
This sounds like the perfect weekend. How I wish Downton Abbey were on the iplayer so we could watch it. Sigh.

K x
Gigi said…
Looks like a wonderful weekend. And that pudding you made -- apple and blueberries? -- yumm.
Thanks for the link to "Downtown Abbey". Hopefully, we'll get it here in the states some day. Seems all the good movies and TV programs come from your part of the world. All we seem to have here are tiresome reality shows and medical soap operas - ho hum ;).
Blessings,
G

Popular Posts