Here comes the rain




So finally, after seemingly weeks of hot, dry days it rained. And rained and rained. Momentarily appalled, what to wear? I later embraced it, taking two reluctant dogs out to get soaked. A warm summer downpour, like the trees and flowers around us we turned up our faces and enjoyed the wet. My skirt was soaked and dripping but it really did feel good to get wet.



As I type this evening the grey skies have already turned blue once more and my washing is back on the line but I do have some suitably grey and stormy knitting to show you.


This is the Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig in Malabrigo Lace, which I must say I really rather love and wish I had discovered before. Certainly lace-weight stocking stitch would at first seemingly have little to recommend it but I find myself drawn to it in the warmer months of the year and this yarn is so incredibly soft making it a pleasure to work with.




There was a dog meets knitting related disaster however. A sort of "when good dogs go bad" tale. Zak, that new man in my life, apparently has a weakness. A weakness for knitting!! Yes, there had been some amusingly unravelled balls of wool and it as hard to tell him off because he looked so playful. I just had to remember to put them out of reach but then we had an actual destruction of knitting incident.


And that was not so funny. To see a big hole in ones lace-weight stocking stitch does not make one smile. It makes one shout very loudly.




I despaired for a few days and then decided to knit on regardless hoping for a miracle and then I finally decided it was time to do something. What I did was a curious combination of grafting, come picking up stitches come patching type of thing and it's OK. It really isn't perfect but I think I can live with it. I hope I can live with it.


Otherwise there will be a whole lot more shouting.

Comments

cathleen said…
Zak...you naughty little boy!!! He's so cute but I have a feeling he may be getting into trouble again. Rebecca, you did a great job saving your cardigan which is a fabulous color, by the way.
Tina said…
oh that is troublesome :) I am working on the Fettig sweater too and it takes so long to get a row in that I would not be nearly as patient as you are being :)...
MrsP said…
I too have a wool fetish dog. She prefers it in ball form and likes to check the label to make sure it cost over £7 a ball before she chews- I now have 3 balls of Rowan kidsilk haze which I have had to hide from MrP cos he would have a fit if he knew.
We live and learn don't we...
Jx
Thimbleanna said…
Bad Zak! It IS hard to scold them though, isn't it? Your knitting looks beautiful -- I love the color you've chosen!
Gigibird said…
Naughty Zac....please forgive him.....I'm sure he won't do it again.....
Harry 'kills'balls of wool if they don't get 'swapped' for a biscuit quickly enough...
t does wool said…
;)) you make me smile Rebecca...beautiful color for the cardi...
Oh no, we have a kitty cat that is just the same - will ignore the bag of crochet sat in the corner, but as soon as I get it out....pounce!!

At least when you're finished you will have a memory that goes with it too.

Nina x
Ravenhill said…
Oh, dear, I hope your dog had a rip roaring good time so it was worth the heartbreak and hassle for you. I think you take this with relatively good cheer. Your photos of the beautiful knitting is fantastic... It is so dreamy and pretty. Makes me wan to run and get my knitting!

Popular Posts