Back to the blog
So quickly one slips out of the habit of posting, a busy week kept me away from the computer and then before I know it this week starts passing me by too.

Firstly, thank you so much for all those thoughtful, kind comments on Ruby, I loved reading every single one.

I must tell you a little of what I have been up to. Last week I took a day out to myself and went to London. I felt a little selfish at the time but have since managed to completely overcome those feelings and have vowed to do it more often, talk about recharging and food for the soul (although the recharge bit was certainly not physical as I walked for miles and was absolutely exhausted on my return). I think I will call this "taking a Yarnstorm Day" as it was in many ways inspired by Jane, I love reading about her trips and travels and decided it was time to have my own day out.

I took the 7.30am train which got me to London in three hours. There was a time when three hours on a train would have been hell but now it is bliss, three hours to read a book, do some knitting, scribble in a moleskine, gaze out the window - heaven.
It was a perfect day, the sun was shining and it felt like the warmest day of the year so far. The streets were full of people and it felt good to be amongst the bustle of a city. I browsed and window shopped like a mad thing, soaking up colours, textures, smells. I slowed down a little in the Tate, taking some time to gaze and ponder.
I spent a little money in Liberty, fabric only although obviously I took some time looking and touching in the yarn department. In fact, Liberty is probably one of my favourite shops in London, even without the fabric and yarn. I often used to visit there after work, just looking and wishing, I love that beautiful entrance and it is such a pleasure to wander around the darkly panelled interior, so much to see.I sat a little and watched the world go by, enjoying lunch in little cafe with a window well situated to watch the world go by, I loved the exciting sandwich menu (so much more cosmopolitan than we get in North Wales).

When being carried by the throng along Regent Street during rush hour I enjoying feeling part of all the hustle and bustle and I enjoyed the fact that I don't have to do that every day of my life nowadays.


It was a wonderful day out, one which I hope to repeat rather more regularly.

Comments

Popular Posts