I had a request for the Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter cookie
recipe from A Homely Heroine and as I was making another batch today and they really are rather good, I thought I would share them with everyone.


This quantity makes about 9 cookies, a strange quantity I know but perfect for my family, 2 each and a "test" one for the cook. The recipe could be easily doubled.


  • 50g (2oz) butter75g (3oz) soft brown sugar (I use dark because that is all I ever have but I am sure light brown would be perfectly OK)
  • 100g (4oz) crunchy peanut butter (I use a no added sugar butter which seems fine with this amount of sugar, you may want to reduce the sugar if you think your butter is quite sweet)
  • 50g (2oz) self raising flour
  • 50g (2oz) rolled oats - obviously the oats make these practically a health food, hence the reason the cook can eat three with no worries whatsoever.
  • 75g (3oz) chocolate - I use whatever is handy, sometimes, plain, sometimes milk, sometimes both.
  1. Preheat oven to Gas mark 3, 170C or 325F
  2. Cream butter, sugar and peanut butter
  3. Sift in the flour, add oats and mix, add chocolate and knead until you have a soft dough
  4. Place slightly flattened balls of dough on a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, until golden.


Pour tea/coffee, put your feet up, perhaps peruse a blog or two and enjoy your "test" cookie.

Comments

Popular Posts