Baking the blues away
project 365, 14-01.08

Baking is one of my favourite retreats on a wet, gloomy day. The whole process of choosing the recipe, weighing and mixing and then that lovely warm, scented air that fills the kitchen, transport me to a happier place. Somehow, after Christmas my baking desires change, I am not so drawn to the warm, spicy scents of cinnamon and cardamom. Nutmeg still thrills me but I am not craving it. Come January my tastes are definitely fruit related, I desire marmalade cake, all things lemon, fruity muffins and cherry cakes.

My face is turned firmly towards waiting for Spring and perhaps it is my desire to feel sun on my face that causes me to crave sun warmed fruits.
Today's sunshine was most adequately provided by Tessa Kiros, Apples for Jam, Berry and Buttermilk cake. Not dissimilar to a sort of giant blueberry muffin and what could be wrong with that?

Comments

Popular Posts