Now where was I?


Ooops, didn't mean to fall off the virtual world but half term kicked in and the first part of the week was a blur of papier mache and lego while the latter half of the week was spent visiting friends a few hundred miles away. We had a wonderful week and still feel quite exhausted from those late nights chatting over the table.




There has been knitting, Kelly was seamed last week but still awaits the application of the press stud closures, I am not sure I like these and haven't felt like sewing all nine of them on so far but today I put the cardigan on anyway and fastened it with a brooch, the result was very pleasing to my mind (the Technical Advisor muttered something about my eccentric dressing but I am happy to embrace eccentric and plan to become much more so as the years advance!). I will take some photos of my eccentric Kelly as soon as the sun obliges.




In the meantime there was a baby, a girl born to one of the Technical Advisor's poker buddies' wives. I will probably never see this baby, none of the poker buddies wives know each other, but who can resist the urge to knit for a baby girl. This little jacket took no time at all and indeed makes me feel quite broody, is it wrong to want a baby merely for the knitting opportunities presented?





I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, as stated in the pattern, sorry cannot recall the shade number. It is a lovely yarn to knit with, I wonder how it will wear? The pattern is from Baby Cashmerino 2 and I sized it down with no apparent problems.



Now I just need a quiet afternoon to catch up on blog reading, I am hoping for the opportunity tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Comments

Flavaknits said…
Babies are like buses - none for ages then 3 come along at once. Now I have another little girl to knit for - and I love the design you have used, might give it a try!
Anonymous said…
I know another reason on top of the knitting opportunities for wanting a baby: the way they smell and the incredible softness of their skins... Your baby cardi is beautiful. As you, I am fortunate enough to know quite a number of people who are pregnant or just have had a baby for whom I can knit cute little things.
Just lovely. Seems as though you're feeling very pink, these days.
MissLucy said…
it's adorable! Beautiful colour!
Unknown said…
awww...this is way too cute. i love the little ribbon threaded through.
Anonymous said…
So cute! I do love garter stitch baby garments. I have a friend who is expecting in September, and I'd like to make her something. You've given me some inspiration, and an excuse to visit the yarn store again!
Anonymous said…
Eccentricity is highly underrated. The sweater is adorable. I love your choice of color and ribbon.
Stephanie said…
oh yay! I thought I would just check your blog before I do the dishes and retire for the night...and here you are.
Love the baby jacket. I found an old knitting book full of adorable little girl dresses, and looked around wildly for someone with girls to knit for..but everyone I know has boys.
Also, eccentricity sounds fabulous.
Alice said…
It's very simple and very beautiful. As always, your colour choices are fab.
yvette said…
Oh I like eccentric dressing, the more individual the better.
I love your baby cardi and I am with you any excuse to knit for a little girl.
Anonymous said…
That is so sweet Rebecca - my jobshare partner just found out she's going to be a granny so I may need to get on with some baby knitting myself !
Concha said…
It's adorable! The ribbon makes the difference.
Krawuggl said…
How I envy you for having the opportunity to knit for a baby, your cardi is so very cute and I especially love the ribbon, so lovely for a little girl.
Anonymous said…
OOH, Babies! The farther we are from having them the better they sound (in theory!) I love the little jacket. I have no one around me in the family way to knit for but if I did..
Don't feel bad about falling off the blogwagon, I've done the same myself. I WILL pick myself up this week, promises, promises.
Anonymous said…
aww the cuteness! lucky baby!

can't wait to see your kelly; mine is all sewn up to and lack press studs. i am going for the hammer-in variety myself. i can't get away with a brooch closure, i'm afraid.
tangelled angel said…
Oh its lovely!! I made the same matinee jacket for a friend of mine when she had her little boy in a caramel colour, and she said she gets lovely comments on it whenever she puts him in it, and she dresses him up in it whenever she can!He looks like an old fashioned baby in it.
Anonymous said…
The only hurdle to accessing this is of course human limitations
and the fact that the brain does not function solely as a learning tool for the human being.
Brazenhead is a great place to go with your family or for
a business lunch or dinner, but if you are looking for a
party atmosphere, this isn't it. Her father, Bruce Paltrow, produced the critically acclaimed TV series that is considered the precursor to many medical shows today, St.

Look into my blog ... pub quiz area

Popular Posts