Crafting Japanese Style


These Japanese Craft Books seem to be rather addictive. I'm afraid I have bought quite a few now but I am too ashamed to show them all at once, you might think I have a problem, and it may very well be true, but hey, it isn't bothering me.

They really are such beautiful books, the photography and styling is a feast for the eyes and they are so inspiring. This book inspired me to start a little embroidery. I don't really know how to embroider but I am learning on the job so to speak. I hope it will make a nice little panel to perhaps add to a dress for Tilly, as in this photograph, or maybe to embellish a bag or something.

I will share some more images from the book tomorrow. I need to try to work out how to add them to that great site http://huangfamily.com/craftingjapanese/
as I don't think this particular book appears on there yet. I need to take some better pictures first though, the ones I have so far are rubbish. Of course this all helps distract me from acres of Denim....

Comments

Anonymous said…
The japanese craft bug has hit me to. Lovely embroidery!
Anonymous said…
Your embroidery is lovely.
Don't worry about your addiction, there are many of us to keep you company. : )
caroline said…
Oh dear don't talk to me about Japanese crafting books - they will be my ruin.

Your embroidery is looking lovely - I'm just trying to learn again, I vaguely remember bits from school but a book I am finding really helpful is Marie Noelle Bayard's Embroidery Techniques and Patterns which I got from my local library.
Tami said…
I am also addicted to Japanese craft books. I mostly like to look through them for inspiration.

My favorite site for ordering online is:

http://www.kitty-craft.com/

They always send a little something extra with your order.

Your embroidery is lovely.
weirdbunny said…
Hello fellow welsh blogger!

Love your embroidery..
Kathleen said…
The first little girl in the blue and white check is adorable! I think it's something about the dour look on her face, it's irresistible.
Charity said…
The photos really are beautiful. When I see them, I feel tranquil, somehow. The embroidery is coming along nicely! Like knitting, embroidery is pretty forgiving - you can take it out if you hate it ;)
weirdbunny said…
Just to say in reply I'm from south Wales, the Rhondda Vallies.
Anonymous said…
When my girls were little I did a bit of embroidery and I bought them each a kit with a pre-stamped picture for them to embroider over. One daughter finished her picture (with some help from me) and gave it to her teacher as a gift. I think that was the end of that craft in our house. I admire you for trying so many different fibre arts!
Anonymous said…
You're not the only one - Japanese craft books are so addictive! There's an ebay seller that has a good selection, and Kittycraft sounds fabulous (currently relocating to the UK... lower postage costs for us maybe?!) I absolutely have to stop buying them for the moment as we're on an economy drive, but they're so luscious. Don't you just wish there was something similar here - it seems like there's a huge gap in the market as far as craft books and magazines in the UK are concerned.
Donna said…
I too, have had to budget myself on Japanese craft books. At one point I tried to make a rule that I couldn't buy any new ones until I had made at least one thing from each of the others, but that didn't stick 8-) I order mine from
http://us.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx
shipping is free anywhere in the world if your order is more than 40.00 USD, which I find pretty easy to do haha.

Popular Posts